by Carol Loveless | President of RPD
Some of these suggestions have been based on personal unfortunate experiences others from reminders from professionals and what we’ve seen at homes around the San Antonio area:
- Change out the A/C filter at least every two months so that units are not stressed and will last longer.
- Put bleach down the A/C overflow lines in the attic to prevent clogging and water damage. (If you’re not doing this you may be calling us for ceiling and other water damage repairs.)
- Keep soil around foundations moist with a soaker hose to help prevent movement and cracks.
- If you water longer and deeper once a week your grass will fare better. But remember to keep track of watering guidelines through your local water company. Make sure you know the day(s) and timeframe that you’re allowed to water.
- Fire ants and other bugs will be more tempted to enter your home during a dry time. Monitor the exterior of your home especially around brick weep holes. A long-lasting spray will be necessary at points of entry to your home to minimize an insect invasion.